1981 BS Geophysics -
Brian Abbott is the owner of the Nautilus Marine Group International L.L.C. (NMGI). NMGI specializes in high resolution acoustic imaging for underwater inspections. NMGI offer services and training in the areas of condition assessments, engineering inspections, Quality Assurance/Quality Control, forensic survey and archaeological survey. Brian is a civil engineer and has been a commercial diver for 20 years and is an HSE certified part 1 air commercial diver.
Brian works part time for Kongsberg Mesotech Ltd. testing new equipment, acoustic training and working on special projects.In addition to his commercial work, Brian has:
- Presented papers at the World Archaeology Conference in
Dublin, Irelandand the IKUWA3 in ; London
- Completed acoustic imaging surveys of several crannogs in Loch Awe,
- the first time in the world that an acoustic image survey of several crannogs has been attempted; Scotland
- Assisted the Statens Maritima Museer in
with an interior and exterior survey of the wreck of the Dalaro. Sweden
- Was an instructor for the Nautical Archaeology International field schools in 2010 and 2011.